These are some important features of MongoDB:
1. Support ad hoc queries
In MongoDB, you can search by field, range query and it also supports regular expression searches.
You can index any field in a document.
MongoDB supports Master Slave replication.
A master can perform Reads and Writes and a Slave copies data from the master and can only be used for reads or back up (not writes)
4. Duplication of data
MongoDB can run over multiple servers. The data is duplicated to keep the system up and also keep its running condition in case of hardware failure.
5. Load balancing
It has an automatic load balancing configuration because of data placed in shards.
6. Supports map reduce and aggregation tools.
8. It is a schema-less database written in C++.
9. Provides high performance.
10. Stores files of any size easily without complicating your stack.
11. Easy to administer in the case of failures.
12. It also supports:
Now a day many companies using MongoDB to create new types of applications, improve performance and availability.