||Node.js is single-threaded.
||Java is multi-threaded
|| It has asynchronous I/O.
||It has synchronous I/O.
||Node.js is faster than Java because of its asynchronous and non-blocking nature.
||Java is synchronous in nature so it is slower than Node.js.
Node.js advantages over Java
Following is a list of some important points that makes Node.js superior to Java:
- Node.js shows extremely good performance. It is almost 20% faster than Java.
- Node.js has active and vibrant community, with lots of code shared via github, etc.
- Node.js has growing number of good npm libraries.
- Node.js has an asynchronous IO which is the future for concurrency and scalability.
- Node.js cuts down the overall processing time while uploading audio and video files. Node.js applications never buffer any data. So it is preferred for video uploading.
- A web server written in Node.js will be faster than apache.
Java advantages over Node.js
Following is a list of some important points where Java leads:
- Java has a rock-solid foundation with over 20 years of existence. So it is more reliable and widely used.
- Java developers have Eclipse, NetBeans, or IntelliJ, three top-notch tools that are well-integrated with debuggers, decompilers, and servers.
- Java facilitates remote debugging.